Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Routines of Writing

Writers' Routines is a collection of short pieces detailing, as you'd expect from the name, the working practices and outlooks of various members of the writing profession:
"I was very vulnerable to criticism for many years. I could read a bad review and remember it my whole life. One day, in the early ’90s, my play was opening for the third time in Chicago. This free press paper gave it a terrible, terrible review, saying, “It’s horrible this type of play gets put on and keeps other good writers from getting their play put on.” And I looked at the review and thought, You know what? I wrote a play and he wrote a review and that’s the difference between us. And I was never bothered by it again."

Steve Martin
You can find more right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment